INTERNATIONAL SUMMER INSTITUTE 2016
June 19 - 23. Cancún, México
An Experiential Learning Community in Postmodern / Social Construction Collaborative - Dialogue across Cultures, Contexts & Disciplines
Join Harlene Anderson, her Grupo Campos Eliseos Colleagues Sylvia London and Neca Rodriguez for a unique in-depth bilingual learning opportunity in the troical city of Cancún, México.
Immerse yourself in a week of exploring postmodern/social construction collaborative - dialogue philosophy and practices and enjoy warm hospitality and interaction with people from around the world. Learn about the heart and spirit of collaborative - dialogue practices - a philosophical stance - and see it in action. Plus enjoy exploring the island, relaxing on the beach, swimming in the Caribbean and enjoying the fabulous sunsets -- all with ample time for conversations with colleagues from around the world, Harlene and her colleagues and international guests.
Harlene Anderson and Harry Goolishian developed and introduced a postmodern collaborative - dialogue approach to therapy and other practices: Harlene continues to broaden and deepen her collaborative-dialogue approach and to apply it to training, research, mentoring, coaching and organization consulting.
The International Summer Institute (ISI) is a significant contribution to these efforts. Importantly, it provides a space for practitioners to learn, share their work with others and further develop the growing international community of collaborative - dialogue practitioners.
The Institute is designed to meet the needs of participants with extensive experience in collaborative practice as well as those who are new to it. The symposium format allows participants to be fully immersed in collaborative - dialogue ideas and the application of practices in a variety of contexts and cultures with various 'client' populations through: didactic presentations, live consultations, dialogue spaces, conversational clusters, experiential exercises, doctoral dissertation exchange/discussions, networking and socials.
Dialogue Spaces (DS) are designed to provide opportunities for participants to meet in small groups with a facilitator around topics of interest. DS are organized during scheduled times and leisure time as well. Topics include research, clinical issues (i.e., children, couples, substance abuse, domestic violence, etc.), education and training, working in organizations and communities, coaching and more.
The benefit to attending the ISI:
- Study with Harlene and international colleagues
- Expand your creativity and competency in postmodern / social construction collaborative-dialogue practices
- Revitalize yourself and your practices
- Network and learn with other collaborative-dialogue practitioners from around the world
Begins on Sunday, June 19th, at 6 pm and ends the evening of Thursday, June 23rd with a reception and celebration.
ISI Schedule Page
Back by popular demand! The Pre-ISI Workshops will be held on June 19th, from 9:00am to 2:00pm. Visit the Pre-ISI Workshops Pagefor more information and registration. Pre-ISI Workshop fee for those not attending the entire ISI conference is $75 US dollars.
Registration Information for ISI
- Early registration prior to May 1st: $795 USD, students $695 USD
- After May 1st: $895 USD, students $795 USD
- Guest Fee (accompany persons-family members, partners - includes receptions and cultural events) $100 USD per person.
- Pre-ISI Workshops: $75 USD
Hotel Registration Information
- Please visit the ISI General Information page for specific information on room rates and reservations at the Cancun Intercontinental Hotel.
- If you have any questions or difficulty registering with the hotel please contact email@example.com
Transportation from the Cancun International Airport to the hotel:
- Destination Airport: Cancun International Airport (airport code: CUN)
- The airport taxi service will take you directly to the hotel. It is an approximate 20-minute commute.