INTERNATIONAL SUMMER INSTITUTE 2020
June 21 - 25. San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
An Experiential Learning Community in Postmodern / Social Construction Collaborative - Dialogue across Cultures, Contexts & Disciplines
Join us in San Miguel de Allende: A Unesco World Heritage Site.
Immerse in exploring postmodern/social construction collaborative-dialogue philosophy and practices. Enjoy warm hospitality and interaction with people from around the world. Learn the heart and spirit of collaborative--dialogic practices--a philosophical stance: see and experience it in action. Have ample time for conversations with colleagues with participants from around the world.
Beginning in the 70’s Harry Goolishian and Harlene Anderson invited a small group of professionals to Galveston for a week to think and work together around emerging collaborative-dialogic ideas and practices. These gatherings evolved into the International Summer Institute: a space for practitioners, researchers, scholars, and students to learn and share ideas and practices. Over the last twenty years the ISI convened in Mexico—as a bilingual event hosted by Harlene Anderson and Grupo Campos Eliseos colleagues--and grew in size and relevance within the international collaborative-dialogic community.
The International Summer Institute (ISI) is a significant contribution to these efforts. Importantly, it provides a space for practitioners to learn, share their work with others and further develop the growing international community of collaborative - dialogue practitioners.
The Institute is designed to meet the needs of participants with experience in collaborative practice and those new to it. The residential-symposium format allows for full immersion in collaborative-dialogic practices and its translation to a variety of contexts, cultures, and 'client' populations. Format: bilingual didactic presentations, live consultations, experiential exercises, dialogue spaces, conversational clusters and socials. Participants love the time for “pop-up” activities the residential-symposium provides.
Dialogue Spaces (DS) are designed to provide opportunities for participants to meet in small groups with a facilitator around topics of interest. DS are organized during scheduled times and leisure time as well. Topics include research, clinical issues (i.e., children, couples, substance abuse, domestic violence, etc.), education and training, working in organizations and communities, coaching and more.
The benefit to attending the ISI:
- Study with Harlene and international colleagues
- Expand your creativity and competency in postmodern / social construction collaborative-dialogue practices
- Revitalize yourself and your practices
- Network and learn with other collaborative-dialogue practitioners from around the world
ISI Sunday Workshop
Sunday Workshop: 5 pm – 7 pm Introduction to Collaborative-Dialogic Practices (included in registration.)
Registration Information for ISI
- Early registration prior to May 1st: $795 USD, students $695 USD
- After May 1st: $895 USD, students $795 USD
- Guest Fee (accompany persons-family members, partners - includes receptions and cultural events) $100 USD per person.
- ISI Sunday, June 21st Workshop is included in ISI registration fee.
- ISI Sunday, June 21st Workshop: $40 USD (If you are not attending ISI, you can still attend the Sunday workshop.)
Step 1: ISI Registration: Please click here to register for the ISI. Step 2: Payment Fee: Early registration fee prior to May 5th $795, students $595 Registration after May 5th $895, students $695. If you live in a Spanish speaking country, please contact Sylvia London for payment information. Payment Information: You may pay by cash onsite, check, credit card, PayPal (under registration form).
- Check: please mail to: Harlene Anderson, 1421 Milford, Houston, TX 77006 USA
- Credit card: please send name on credit card, number & amount to Harlene Anderson
- PayPal: Paypal selection on the bottom of the page after registration: Coming soon.
- If you have any questions or difficulty registering with the hotel please contact email@example.com
Hotel Registration Information